Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Love Hackney has a legal duty to protect any information collected from you. Love Hackney uses a variety of technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data as well as maintaining strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
Your rights under the Act
The Act gives you as an individual certain rights about how personal information about you is obtained, processed, stored and disclosed to others. You are entitled to know:
- what type of information is being held
- what purpose the information is being used for
- who has access to the information and who it may be disclosed to.
Information we collect
Love Hackney collects the following kinds of information from visitors:
- feedback (through visitors emailing)
- queries and customer satisfaction survey results (via the website)
Love Hackney will only disclose your information if it is lawful to do so in accordance with the principles under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you register to use the password protected portions of the site, we will ask you to provide us with up-to-date data about yourself, which we will handle in accordance with the UK's data protection legislation.
We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data by anyone, including our staff. We use a number of technologies to achieve this including (but not limited to) data encryption, fire walls and server authentication to protect the security of your data.
Cookies allow websites to store small files on your web browser that save your preferences, so that you do not have to repeat them when you return. They do not contain any personal information or e-mail addresses, just strings of numbers and letters which are used to identify your browser.
Love Hackney uses information from cookies to improve services for you by:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you do not have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you do not need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and theres enough capacity to ensure they are fast. This service is provided for Love Hackney by Google Analytics.
All modern browsers have tools to help you delete or block cookies from being set, but many sites need cookies to work properly and deleting or blocking them can mean that some parts of these websites might not function correctly. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit all about cookies.
We also embed videos from YouTube channel using the "privacy-enhanced mode". This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player. For more information visit YouTube's embedding videos information page.
Google Analytics cookies
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure its meeting its users needs and to understand how we could do it better. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. This information cannot be used to identify you and we do not allow Google to use our analytics data.
The following cookies are set by Google Analytics (expiration times in brackets):
- utma randomly generated number (2 years)
- utmb randomly generated number (30 minutes)
- utmc randomly generated number (when you close your browser)
- utmz randomly generated number and information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search) (6 months)
Opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites.